Monday, January 30, 2017

Mathew 7:7-8

This week was a good one. We had some really good lessons and saw miracles happen. There is a member here in the ward named Brother Graves. He is in the Bishopric and I have really come to create a good relationship with him. He comes up to me often and he'll ask a simple question. He asks, "How's the work going?" Each time I feel like I answer with a similar response. Something along the lines of "Well it's going pretty well. We have some good investigators and they should be on date this week and progressing soon." He'll look at me and say another simple phrase similar to this, "Well, that's what happens when you want to work hard and find success." Friends and family that is probably the greatest lesson that I have learned on my mission. That when we work hard, when we show our Father in Heaven how bad we want something, he will give it to us. The scripture found in Mathew 7:7-8 says,
7 ¶Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find;knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
This scripture is probably nothing new to most of you. And it isn't to me either. It's something that I've read a hundred times and I quote it often when out tracting. But the thing is it is a true principle. Jesus Christ himself taught us one of the most valuable lessons that I think we can learn. He doesn't say, "Sit around and beg and it shall be given you, walk around and you might find, knock and we might open the door." He says that as we ask, as we seek and search, and as we knock on the door and ask to be let in that it will be given to us to know and to be able to find success. I learned that in a great way this week.

We were knocking and a guy got very mad at us and our spirits honestly were low. Usually when someone gets mad we just kind of move on but not this time. This time it hurt for some reason. So the whole next 20 minutes it was really hard to focus and we weren't finding much success. I was looking forward to finding someone and as we knocked prayed that we could find a great new investigator. About 10 minutes later we did. She was very ready for us to come to her door and we are going to be able to teach her and help her to strengthen the faith that she already has. I am grateful for my Father in Heaven. I don't get discouraged often. I love this work, but when I do my Father in Heaven helps me to get out really fast and I love it. He'll do the same for you. (: I know that for sure.

Love,
Elder Reynolds


No comments:

Post a Comment