Monday, January 23, 2017

Member MTC

Hey Everyone!

This week was a good one. It started off from what I remember a little bit rainy. Nothing new for Washington but for whatever reason this year seems a lot more dry than last year. I remember every week walking around in the pouring rain and it never seemed to end. This year it only seems to rain once every couple weeks and snows a lot more than it used to. This year it even snowed a few times so that was just a plus.

DJ and Christina are continuing to make strides in the right direction. They came to church again this week and their 6 yr. old daughter Semira is enjoying it too! Last week DJ went to primary with her and this week Christina did, but Christina mentioned that even after one week of going that she is memorizing the songs and enjoying it. So awesome. They probably won't be getting married and baptized this weekend. But they are awesome. (: I love their family. They have told us that we are welcome at any time and will have us over almost every night. When we get the opportunity to meet with them that often then they tend to progress a lot faster because we allow for the spirit to be in their home more often.

I am learning more and more the importance of Member Missionary Work. This week we held a fireside that we did all of the planning for and we did what we call the Member MTC. It was a success. We didn't have a huge turnout but the number of people that attended was great. I hope to see an increased desire and effectiveness in the member work here in the area. We tend to see a lot of people think that sharing the gospel is hard. One thing that I focused on in the training that I gave was how simple and easy missionary work can be and how easy that it is. I know it is because doing missionary work can be as simple as talking to someone about their families.

We are beginning to see miracles here in the Tacoma South Stake and I hope that those will continue throughout the coming weeks and months. I love this gospel and I'm grateful for the blessings that I have.

Here is a short thought from my personal study this morning. In 1 Nephi 22:10-12 it says,

10 And I would, my brethren, that ye should know that all the kindreds of the earth cannot
be blessed unless he shall make bare his arm in the eyes of the nations.
                                                                                                                                                             
11 Wherefore, the Lord God will proceed to make bare his arm in the eyes of all the nations,  in bringing about his covenants and his gospel unto those who are of the house of Israel.

 12 Wherefore, he will bring them again out of captivity,and they shall be gathered together to the  lands of their inheritance; and they shall be brought out of obscurity and out of darkness; and  they shall know that the Lord is their Savior and their Redeemer, the Mighty One of Israel.

In a study guide that I have it shares that the arm is a symbol of power. So God will show forth his power to the children of men and then we will be able to understand and know that Christ is our Redeemer. I have seen the power of God here on this Earth, and I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I hope that you may all have that same opportunity!

Love,
Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment