Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!! (: It's hard to believe that for the entire last year I was a missionary. The blackout year is over. I feel that I have done well with what I had and I've had a ton of fun doing what our Father in Heaven wants me to do here in Washington. I am grateful for the opportunity to be serving.

This week was a good one. We had the opportunity to teach quite a few lessons. One of the saddest things is that on New Years Eve and early on January 1st it snowed. So with 3/4 of an inch of snow on the grass and a few roads church was canceled in many places. My friends and family from Utah or anywhere where it snows often, you wouldn't even second guess driving or going anywhere with the amount of snow that we got, but some of church was canceled. That was WAY lame but I guess just a part of life. ahaha

Other than this week being the snowiest week of my mission and the new year, there wasn't a whole lot that went on. There are a lot of people who are busy and have things going on with kids off of school and things so there were many people at home.

I have had a really humbling experience as we have found a couple of pastors from 2 different churches who live together to teach. As we have approached preparing lessons our Greenie has taught us a lot. The three of us that have been out for over a year are really impatient and don't want to go teach them because we feel that it is a waste of time and that we aren't going to get anywhere with them. Elder Bingham is a great example of patience and being willing to teach everyone that he possibly can. So I learned from him to be patient and to be willing to teach and testify to anyone and everyone. Humility is a hard thing to learn sometimes.

Here in Tacoma we are fruitful at finding people to teach but we aren't able to find people who will progress quite as well. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks we will be able to find many people who will progress toward a date of being baptized and coming to know of the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Love you All!
Happy New Year!
Elder Reynolds (:


Snow in the WA-TAC (Tacoma)

Pic from the mission blog - maybe a zone activity

New Years Eve fun(1) - a little apple cider Martinellis
New Years Eve fun (2)


New Years Eve Fun (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment