Tuesday, February 7, 2017

What a great week here in the Wa-Tac!

What a great week here in the Wa-Tac! We had a lot of fun and found a lot of success along missionary work too.

Last Monday we went to the beach at Point Defiance. We hiked down the side of the cliff and it was a lot of fun. We took a crazy old trail and ended up on a beach that probably hadn't been touched in a couple of days. It was a perfectly clear day. Then, yesterday it snowed a lot! We built a snowman and Elder Alvarez took the jump and Karate chopped it. So we had a good time.

On the spiritual end of things, which is why I'm here on a mission, we had a lot of success. We had a really cool lesson with a few of our investigators. DJ and Christina will be getting married and baptized on the 18th of Feb and Owen Hadely will be baptized on Feb 11. At first Owen was really nervous and didn't want to be baptized because he was scared of water. But he had the cool opportunity of attending a couple of baptisms and we had a great lesson with him this last week. He is now super excited to be baptized. He talks about it all the time and every time we go over he wants to practice so that he'll feel comfortable when it actually happens. Seeing the change in people is awesome. The greatest joy that I've ever felt was during the time when I saw someone else make the changes necessary to come closer to Christ.

Repentance is such a cool experience. I don't know if I have shared with everyone before but one of my favorite scriptures is Alma 26:23. When we repent and feel of the love of the Savior we can then share it with others and they will have the desire and the opportunity to follow Christ more fully. I am really grateful for that. Because I'm definitely not perfect but through Christ I don't have to focus on the negatives. I can focus on the positives and continue to become better each day, and so can you. So do it. (: I hope that you all have a fantastic week this week.

Elder Reynolds

Point Defiance

Mr. Snowman (before Elder Alvarez) and video showing the aftermath


Elder Reynolds and Elder Alvarez
February_2017 mission pics

No comments:

Post a Comment