Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas in the mission field is a very unique and special experience


Hey Everyone!

I hope that you all had a Merry Christmas!! It was even white for some of you in Utah it sounds like! That is so exciting. Here in Washington we didn't have a White Christmas but that is okay! The weather was actually really nice. Christmas in the mission field is a very unique and special experience. It was weird to stop and have like a "day off" type deal because it feels so weird to not be finding new people to teach the gospel to and teaching the gospel on every door. The more that I am here in the area the more fun we have.

Tuesday is transfers here in the mission but not for any of my companions and I. All 4 of us will be staying here in the same area. The Wapato Park ward can't get rid of us! We are doing well together so I guess President Blatter and our Father in Heaven trust us to stay together and to be able to find a lot of success. I am excited to be here and to work hard here in Wap.

We had a funny experience this week that I'd love to share with you. So this Sunday, we had a tri ward sacrament meeting. They had a choir that performed a number of musical numbers and two weeks ago they asked us missionaries to participate. We knew two weeks in advance that this is something that we were going to do, but we never practiced. So we showed up and as most of you know, I am not a very good singer, so even when I get the chance to practice I don't do that well. So without Practice 6 of us missionaries sang two songs that had parts that we had never practiced except like once, and we sang absolutely horrible. We decided that the members will never ask the missionaries to sing in the choir ever again. Because we never get the chance to practice or to do anything all that effective.

This week was great and as I told my family on the phone call, the church is true. The longer that I am on a mission and I do this work the truer that it gets. Our Father in Heaven has called a Prophet and when we are obedient to the Prophet and to the commandments that we are given, we are blessed. As we approach this new year this week, set your resolutions and be more willing to follow our Father in Heaven than you were this year. I promise you that as you do, you will be able to feel the spirit stronger and you will find more success in everything that you do.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the Holiday season and that you stay safe!

Much Love,
Elder Reynolds

Click on link to see all December 2016 mission pics:

link: December 2016 mission pics

Elder Trevor Reynolds
Zone picture
Christmas Day Skype


Mission Christmas Card

Link to pics of Christmas at the Corey's:

Christmas at the Coreys











No comments:

Post a Comment