Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Church tours...they are absolutely fantastic

Hey everyone!

We had a great week this week. We started something that has been a thing in our mission since i got here but that I haven't used much as a finding tool. Church tours...they are absolutely fantastic. This week we gave 3-4 of them and they yielded some pretty cool results. One of them a young man named Josh came with us. We had found him, taught him a couple of key principles around the Restoration and the return appt that we set up was a church tour. While giving the tour you focus on being children of God. So we share two scriptures. Romans 8:16, and Galatians 5:22. Right before going into the chapel we read the fruits of the Spirit in Galatians and Josh walked into the chapel after being invited to pay attention to how he felt and he said, "I feel something in here...I don't know how to describe it. I've never felt so good in my life." He then came to church and He's on date to be baptized in two weeks. What a cool experience for him!!

On Saturday we had a really cool experience. We were out knocking a neighborhood that we hadn't knocked before but was right across the street from a place that I've knocked probably 4 or 5 times in the last 7 weeks. We had a feeling that we needed to go knock on someone's door across the way and as we walked we saw a woman sitting in a chair tanning. (It was 95+ degrees so lots of people were out.) She looked Hispanic and since I don't speak much spanish Elder Turley and I both weren't going to say anything...but we both walked that direction and I said Hello. She sat up and began talking to us and mentioned that she had been attending the Mormon church in Delaware but that she was never baptized and that she had to leave immediately because of a family situation so she lost contact with the church but that when we showed up she looked up and said that we were angels in her path. I have a huge testimony of reading the scriptures to become worthy of the spirit in your life so that you can be guided in the correct paths and be able to help others to find their way to their Father in Heaven.

Some really cool experiences this week with investigators as well as with my companions! I love it out here. It's weird to be the one that will be saying I'll see you in a few weeks soon but...I will soon! Either way I love you all! have a great week this week!

Love,
Elder Reynolds

Transfer Day Pictures





No comments:

Post a Comment