Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Week of Conferences


Hey Everyone!

Another great week here in the best mission in the world in the best area in the mission. The Deschutes River ward is so awesome and the people are great.

This week was full of awesome experiences. Zone conference to General Conference. Two of the best things in a mission I think. General Conference was awesome! It is such a wonderful experience to hear from our Prophets and Apostles. They are so inspired to share with us just what we need to hear and help us to apply it into our lives. I loved the Temple part of General Conference. We must be attending the Temple and keeping our eyes set on going there if we are not ready at this time or worthy to go. I know that it brings so many blessings into our lives and it has brought me so many blessings in my own personal life. I love it so much! The overall theme I got from conference is that we are all one. We have to do things together to be the best that we can be. It can't be done alone. There's lots of other themes but that was one that stuck out to me big time.

We watched the Saturday and Sunday morning sessions at the church. On Sunday we had Davion come to the church and it was way awesome. Then in the afternoon on Saturday we went to the Jackson's house. They are the sweetest family ever!! They have 8 kids, including a daughter on a mission and a son who is of mission age but decided not to go. We watched Saturday afternoon and Priesthood at their home. Then Sunday afternoon we were supposed to watch with a family that is investigating the church but they canceled so we went to the Grenigers. He is in the bishopric and then we had dinner with them after. We didn't have the chance to watch conference with any of our investigators, but the Colvins (Family of 7) watched an hour of general conference on their OWN!!! They are so awesome! They are struggling with keeping some of the commitments that we are giving them so if you guys could pray for them that would be super awesome. Please pray for them to be able to read from the Book of Mormon and know that it is true. I know as we do so that they will all be blessed and be ready to be Baptized and confirmed in the next month!

On Wednesday we had Zone Conference with the southern conference. Kinda crazy that in the first few months of my mission that I have been in all three conferences. I know missionaries that have been in the same conference their whole mission. Our mission has three conferences. It's all based off of Tacoma so there is a Southern, Central and Northern. I started North then went Central and Tacoma and I am now in Southern. It's cool. (: I have been able to see lots because of it so I am grateful.

Zone Conference was sweet. The best part was our AP's training where they talked about the two great commandments and why we are on our missions. I know why I am on my mission and it is to work my butt off and not waste any of the Lord's time. Basically they chastised the entire mission in the course of three days on wasting time. Best thing ever! I loved it. One thing that has been really cool about my mission so far is I notice when I am doing something wrong and start to fix it, then the mission leadership gives a training on that same change. It's so cool how Heavenly Father reassures me in what I am working on and changing. I love it so much.

It was crazy cause this week we lost the phone, last night actually. We were in Lacey at the Stake Center and good ol' Elder Reynolds left the phone there. We don't have a house phone or anything so we had to go over and talk to the landlord. I felt super duper relieved to not have a phone. It was weird. I know even as a missionary that I face the distractions of the world as everyone does and that as we push the distractions away and put the focus where it needs to be that our Heavenly Father will bless us. I know that the lord blesses us when we give our lives to Him.

I hope you all have a great week! Love you lots!

Elder Reynolds (:

Davion's Baptism                                                                



Zone Conference




No comments:

Post a Comment