Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Seeing the blessings like crazy!

Hey everyone!!

Another great week here In the WA-TAC has come and gone. I am doing great and working hard here in the good ol DR ward. I love the people so much and I am finally starting to gain the trust of the members. In the past this ward has had a lot of missionaries who messed around a lot and didn't do the things that they were supposed to so they seemed super hesitant on whether to trust me as a missionary or if I was going to be messing around and not do what I am supposed to do. I have made sure that I work extra hard no matter what so that there is no question as to whether we are being obedient and diligent and I am seeing the blessings like crazy here in this ward. One of those many blessings came on Saturday when "D"
was able to be baptized. He came up to us and said I'm ready so we put him on date for the 26th and then he had two weeks to quit smoking Marijuana, and cigarettes and he stopped cold turkey right away. It was the coolest thing ever because he uses it for medical so it was really hard for him to quit but I know that he is seeing the blessings that come from living the word of wisdom and keeping the law of chastity and other commandments.

His baptism was awesome. There were quite a few members there and he has lots of friends in the ward so that was really good for him to be able to feel the love there. I definitely felt it. Then we also had Easter Sunday and when we first got there it wasn't too full and there was none of the nonmembers that we had invited there. Within the first 10 minutes of sacrament meeting there was 7 nonmembers at church. We usually have two or three and we were expecting a few but not 7. It was awesome to be able to see a family who only has one member of the church come and feel of the spirit. It is so cool to see the influence of good that this gospel brings in others lives.

Sometimes I forget that I am in a boonie area here because we work hard and are finding success and that isn't usually the case for areas like this one, so I make sure that I take some pictures of some of the places that we go just to remind myself that I am not in the city life anymore. (: I'll attach a few of them to this letter and this is just a shed that was on the side of the road where we parked our car to start knocking. Yep, I'm still in the boonies.

I hope you all have a great week!! I love you!!
Elder Reynolds
(pics of the baptism will be sent next week)



No comments:

Post a Comment