Wednesday, May 31, 2017

I know the Book of Mormon truly is the word of God.

Another great week here in the WATAC! We had 2 baptisms on Monday and sadly LeAnn didn't get baptized this weekend because she smoked. That's ok though, she is planning on this weekend. She told us that when she reads the Book of Mormon and is with us she has no desire to smoke! So...I know the Book of Mormon truly is the word of God. It was cool because we promised her that if she read the Book of Mormon when she wanted to smoke that she wouldn't want to anymore. Then...walla. She didn't have the desire when she would read. It's just a great refresher to see that God listens to the promises that we give to others and when they are obedient to them, they receive the blessings. Pretty sweet!

Our apartment complex is kinda crazy. In the last 4 weeks since I got here, there have been 4 shootings. Some of them just gun shots into nothing, others of them suicides and then another that was aimed at people. Kind of crazy! It makes for pretty interesting adventures coming home at night and driving passed a few cop cars, it isn't too big of a deal though cause none of it is near our building, but it's fun! We run into some super dope experiences, I love it our here.

Also, this week we had a good time as a companionship and went and took some cool pictures. We look like complete weirdos part of the time..but I like them! aha Things continue to go well here in Lakewood. I'm so excited for the rest of the transfer. I hope that you all have a wonderful Memorial Day and are truly grateful for those who have gone before. I've learned that the ability that I have to share the Gospel here comes because of those who have fought for this country. That's insanely cool of them. I hope that you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Reynolds



No comments:

Post a Comment