Monday, April 10, 2017

Easter Week

This week was awesome. We had the baptism of Dale Johnson. One of the coolest baptisms that I've been able to be a part of on my mission. He was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. Within the last month Dale has had both of his legs removed, he is the most dedicated and faithful man I've met in a long time. No matter what he is going through he relies on our Father in Heaven for his support. He doesn't look to anything else and never asks why. I'm sure that the thought may cross his mind but he is planning to be back to work as soon as he can and be doing the things that he wants to do.

That was the highlight of the week. Other than that we are just working hard. Missionary work is a lot of fun. It's crazy how fast things go. General Conference was already a week ago and in a week it'll be Easter. I hope that you all have had the chance to watch the church's Prince of Peace video, it is really good. I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the grace that I am able to feel because of the suffering that He did for us. I know that He lives and that He loves each of us. I've never felt it more than on my mission. Happy Easter to all of you this upcoming week!

Oh, we also started the Book of Mormon translation challenge, on April 7 1829 Joseph Smith began translating the Book of Mormon and finished on June 30. That's 7 pages a day, so each of us have the chance to read it in the time that he translated it. It's super cool. I am excited to be able to do it this year and I would encourage all of you to do it as well. Even though it's already a few days after when it started. I promise you that you'll find happiness as you read it. I have. I love it. Hope that you all have a great week.

Love,
Elder Reynolds
Baptism of Dale Johnson
Elders Droubay, Reynolds and Alvarez

No comments:

Post a Comment