Monday, March 20, 2017

I am excited to continue working in the Wapato Park Ward & finding lots of success. I love this work!


Transfers are tomorrow. Crazy that it's been another 6 weeks here in the Wapato Park ward. My companion Elder Alvarez will be moving on and I'll be getting 2 new missionaries to be my companions. We will be in a threesome for the second time on my mission. Elder Droubay and Elder Trebilecock will be my new companions. It will be a lot of fun to serve with them. I already know Elder Droubay really well and him and I will get along great. I am excited to continue working here in the Wapato Park ward and finding lots of success. I love this work. 

This week we had a lot of craziness. We were scheduled to have all of our investigators come to church and them to be baptized in the next couple of weeks. But only 2 came. It is always hard to see the inconsistency in people but we find it among our own members so it doesn't really surprise me that things get shaken up and people choose not to come to church. It is frustrating to deal with people who don't keep commitments. This last week we took time and went and worked with some Elders in our zone. We knocked their area with them and found that they have a lot of people who if they listen will keep commitments. Living here in the "sketchy" part of town we often will not have very normal conversation with people. We talk to those who have gone through worse things in the course of their life than anyone should ever have to go through. So when I talk to someone who has a fairly normal life I don't know how to talk with them anymore. It's really interesting. But I love them so much and wanna see the gospel change their life. Sometimes the only problem is they don't want to change and creating a desire in someone else when the seed of that desire isn't there...is a hard thing to do. I'm learning how to do it better than before, but it still isn't easy. 

I had a cool opportunity this last week to go to Federal Way. It is outside of our mission but we got permission to head over to the hospital outside of our mission to meet with Dale Johnson. He is going through a lot of struggles and recently found out that instead of only having one of his legs removed like he has right now, that he will have both of his legs removed within the next week. Really sad to see a man as strong as him go through the experiences that he is going through. With time I believe that he will be able to recover and he has plans. Through Christ and his gospel all things are possible and I am excited to be able to learn of the experience that he will have as he recovers from his injuries. There are so many crazy things in this world that others can experience. For those of you who don't have these struggles and challenges, I encourage you to take advantage of the time that you have in life because you never know when things might change. Live your life to the fullest and enjoy it. (: That's what I am striving to do with my mission. I get 24 months to give my all to the Lord with no other worries, and I'm grateful for that chance. It's so awesome. If you are thinking about serving a mission, do it. (: I hope you all have a great week!

Love,
Elder Reynolds 







No comments:

Post a Comment