Monday, November 28, 2016

Thankful for the opportunity to help others prepare for baptism and be baptized

Hey Everyone!

I hope that you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! I know that I did. In the morning we went and played in a turkey bowl with mostly missionaries who are serving here in Tacoma. There were a bunch of us. So there were some members that played as well. It was so much fun. I got beat up in a couple of different ways but that's alright. I hurt my right wrist, and then my left pinky finger as well as my wrist got beat up pretty bad. I should have taken a picture of my finger while it was really swollen because it has gone down now, but it was huge. So most of thanksgiving I was icing my finger and just hanging out. We had so much food. We had 3 members who had us over to their homes. It was awesome. At the first home we just had appetizers so it wasn't too bad. Then the second one was fun and felt a lot like I was just hanging out with family back at home. We ate a bunch of food there and then thought that we were just going to a small dinner in the evening with a Samoan family here in the ward. We thought wrong, we walked in and the table was full and there was SO MUCH food. We ate a full plate and a bunch of dessert. When I was trying to put my shoes on to leave the house, I couldn't bend over to tie my shoes...it was a struggle. Thanksgiving was a blast.

So thankful for the opportunity to help others to prepare for baptism and to be baptized. On Saturday we had a baptism. I love her family. On Sunday I had the opportunity to confirm her a member of the church so that is always cool. I really love this gospel and the opportunity to help others live it.

This Christmas season is such a blessed time to be serving my Heavenly Father and to Light the World with the knowledge of Jesus Christ as our Savior and our Redeemer. I encourage all of you to take the same opportunity and strengthen your faith this wonderful time of year. I love you!

Elder Trevor Reynolds





No comments:

Post a Comment