Monday, February 1, 2016

The Tag is Back-One of the Coolest Weeks of My Mission-Safety for the Soul

Hey Everyone!!

So I have a tag back now. hahaha but it was cool to be able to be a missionary without one for a little while and have people still know me as a missionary. Maybe because I was dressed nice or something cause that's pretty unusual for this neck of the woods. Here in Tacoma is super duper sick though. I am enjoying it a lot. This week was crazy and a ton of stuff went down.

Early in the week we did a lot of finding and it was chill. On Monday I found out from President Blatter that we would be giving a training on thursday night to the zone and lots of the stake members. So we prepared that for forever. We stressed out about it way too much but it was good. We learned a lot from it and the members knew what they should expect from us missionaries a little bit more than before. Then on Saturday everything got super duper awesome. Not that the rest of the week wasn't but it just got way great. So we worked all day way hard and had appointment after appointment over and over and then at night we had a ton to do. So we went and gave a Baptismal interview for another group cause my companion is the District Leader so he has to do that. Then we went to a lesson with Temple. Temple is such an awesome guy. He taught himself the Plan of Salvation before we taught it to him and we helped him understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ a little bit better. Then talked about Lehi's dream with him. It was cool. Cause then Sunday he came to church and the entire focus was on Holding to the Iron Rod and sticking to the Book of Mormon. He loved it and is going to get baptized next week. That was a horrible explanation but basically our Heavenly Father worked a miracle for us this week. it was so cool. I have never really felt guided by the spirit so strongly in my life until I looked back in hindsight and realized the blessings that my Heavenly Father has given me. This week has been one of the coolest weeks of my mission because of the teaching opportunities that we have found. I hope you all have a great week!!

This gospel is amazing. I can promise you all that as you rely on him he will bring so many blessings to you life. More than you can imagine. Elder Holland in October of 2009 entitled Safety for the Soul where he gives a very powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know just as he says, that this gospel is true. His talk is only 17 minutes long so I would encourage each of you to listen to it. I know and I want you all to know that I know this gospel is true. It brings more joy and happiness than anything else in this life. I love you all!
Elder Trevor Reynolds


https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/10/safety-for-the-soul?lang=eng


Tacoma, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment