Monday, February 8, 2016

Success in Skyline

Hey Everyone!!


This week was awesome!! I am seeing a lot of success here in Skyline. Yesterday T.S. was baptized. It was the coolest thing ever. Not even a month ago Elder Tafua and Elder Clark knocked into him and he said sure come back and share a message with me. He had recently become a Christian after being an atheist his entire life. A week later after transfers Tafua and I went back to his house and we taught him the Restoration and gave him the Book of Mormon. it didn't really go anywhere right away and he didn't seem too interested. He ended up reading it and praying and in the next 2 1/2 weeks we taught him and he was baptized. The coolest experience of my life and the best part is that I didn't do a single ounce of converting him to the gospel. He made the connection with Heavenly Father and he studied and learned for himself that all of the things that we were telling him were true. It was so cool. He is a kindred spirit of our Heavenly Father.

Over the last two weeks I have learned a lot. I think the most important thing that I have learned is that I am not the one who does the converting. The gospel of Jesus Christ and the spirit are what converts people. It doesn't matter how poetic I share the first vision or anything because if they want to learn and know it is true for themselves then they will study and learn just like T.S. has. Friends and family I know that this gospel is true. I know that reading and studying will bring more blessings into your life than anything else on this planet. In the eternities as well. Jesus Christ is our savior and our redeemer. He knows each of us individually. He has a plan for each and every one of us. I talked to a guy in our ward who didn't serve a mission who said that we all have a mission in life and his was to baptize his now wife and family instead of go on a mission and baptize a bunch of people. It was cool to see what our heavenly father does for each of us. I love you all and hope you have a great week.!! Stay warm and have a Happy Valentines Day!

love,
Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment