Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Time



Hey everyone!!


I hope you all have a Merry Christmas this week! I know that I will that's for sure. This last week we have had some really cool experiences that bring so much joy. The new A Savior is Born video is amazing and brings us all closer to the gospel than we could ever imagine. We have it on a flash drive in our DVD player and we get the chance to share it everywhere we go. We were knocking one day and showed it to a guy and he totally felt the spirit and teared up, (They sometimes have correlation but not always) and he actually liked the idea of the video and wanted to share it with others. I guess he helps with adoption from children from South Africa and things and so it really touched him to see children from all around the world feeling the spirit of Christmas. We show it to families and they all smile and say I wish it was longer. It hasn't led to a baptism yet, but I know that seeds are being planted and that there are others ready to be harvested all over the place here.

We are teaching a pastor name is Buck and he is super duper awesome. He is searching for the truth. He told us that one of us is right and he is actually humble enough to find out. He wants to read from the Book of Mormon and talk to us more, but everyone, including him, wants to wait until after Christmas so we are actively trying to find more. Hopefully we will be able to help him prepare for baptism in the coming weeks and it will be the most awesome thing ever. Thursday was his daughter's birthday but we didn't get a chance to go over there so on Saturday we took her a birthday gift and he loved it and he was very appreciative of us doing that for her. He is realizing that we really are his friends and care about him more than just on a church standpoint and he loved it so much.

I am so grateful for the special opportunities like this one that I have on my mission. They make all the hard days worth it. I am so excited for Christmas and I hope you all have the most very Merry Christmas ever. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that He brings so many blessings to my life. Celebrate Him this Christmas time.

Love,
Elder Trevor Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment