Monday, September 14, 2015

Almost done in the MTC


Everyone!!!

The MTC has been such a great experience. This week was kind of a rollercoaster. Half of my district and really even half of the MTC probably is sick. One of our elders, Elder Nibley got really super sick and found out today that he has brochiitis and had to go get perscriptions for antibiotics. I got a little bit sick but just a small small cold and I'm doing absolutely fantastic now.

Our district and zone are all really close and know each other really well. Half of the zone left early this morning to go to the Denver, Colorado mission. The rest of us are still here until early tomorrow morning. I leave the MTC at 3:35 tomorrow morning. I don't fly out of the Salt Lake Airport until 8:30 tomorrow morning. I arrive in Washington at 9:32 Washington time so here in Utah it'll be like 10:30. I am so excited. 


The MTC this week was really good. Me and my companion have been teaching two investigators. One of them committed to baptism this week and it was so crazy to see the change in her life. Her name is Nicole. She has a testimony of the bible and really enjoys reading and finding things out for herself. She has started to read the Book of Mormon and gain a testimony of it. The last time we ever get to meet with her was Friday and she prayed for us and it was really cool to see the changes that she has made. The other investigator we never really got anywhere with but his name was Jordan. He had trouble beginning to pray but I think he definitely is learning better.


We have had troubles with Elders in our Residence (dorms) staying up really late and a couple i heard got sent home for using silly string and making a mess of buildings that are dedicated. It is so cool how the spirit works so strongly in all of these buildings. We heard a cool fact the other day, that the MTC is the only place on the planet besides a temple that you have to have a temple recommend to get into. So it is so special here.

I have made lots of friends here at the MTC and seen some from here at Box Elder too. There is 8 of us I think here at the MTC right now. (: The new friends are all awesome and we created a group email with our whole MTC zone to stay in touch so hopefully that actually works out for us. Who knows if it will but it was worth a shot!







I had the opportunity on Sunday to bless the sacrament for our ward because me and my companion were called as sacrament coordinators. I forgot if I already shared that. But it was a really cool experience.
I don't know how ready I really am to get out in the field but I have gained a testimony that if I put my trust in the lord and have all of my heart and being in this work then I will be blessed for it and the words will be put in my mouth even though I won't remember what I even said. I love you all and miss you dearly.
Things are great and just getting better. There are struggles and the saying is so true, the days are long but the weeks are short and quick. I love this gospel with all of my heart.

With love,

Elder T Reynolds


Elder Reynolds drops his pictures into a dropbox account. Here is a link to all the pictures he uploaded today. If it asks you to login or create an account, you can just close that window without setting up an account and go to the pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u3tbayiunva692z/AADVCnU1_yBLVK235cMQ4gqja?dl=0

No comments:

Post a Comment