Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Patient Persistence

Hey Everyone!

This week was a great week here in the Deschutes River ward!! We didn't have the chance to go out and work as much but we still saw success. The Colvin's came to church again and they are progressing and preparing to be baptized. We gave them some scriptures to read and they are going to pray about a baptismal date. I love their family so much and this gospel has already brought them so many blessings. They have gone out and bought slacks and shirts and are going through the efforts to make this a permanent pattern in their life. I love it. The Gospel works miracles for those who ask, receive. It's a wonderful concept I love it so much!

We met with Jodie last night and she is planning on coming to church this week. She has been through a lot of hard things in her life and she knows that this is important. She is struggling with a desire to have a beer during seahawks season. If people weren't seahawks fans then we would be able to help more people. Especially during the season. NFL football is horrible. Just kidding. Well not really. She is praying about a day to be baptized and because of anxiety hasn't set one yet but she is working on it. Just have to be patient.

Being patient has got to be one of the hardest things to master in life. Momma Reynolds always would say patience is a virtue or something along those lines and it is so real. You have to learn to be patient and when you do then you begin to find more success. It's hard to let people go at their own pace when it seems so simple for them to go faster but our Heavenly Father has his plan and things are going well. A lot of the people that we are teaching right now (Jodie and the Colvins) have a desire to do things at their own pace and it makes things hard but good. It's helping me to learn and grow and become the best that I can be.

I know that through patient persistence we can and do see miracles all the time. I love this gospel with all of my heart and I am so thankful for all that I have.

Happy Mothers Day a few days ago to all of the mothers in my life!! I love you all!!

Love,
Elder Trevor Reynolds
mother's day skype

Elder Reynolds and Elder Stevens

Interviews



Elder Reynolds desk
Elder Stevens desk



No comments:

Post a Comment