Monday, November 16, 2015

The Blessing of Silence

Hey Everyone!!




I hope everything back at home in the snow is going good. Or wherever you are, if there is snow or not, I hope it is going good for everyone. Here in Washington it is rainy and wet and dark every day starting at about 4:30 and until early in the morning too! It sucks but isn't too bad at the same time, because as long as we stay dry, which we do, things are so great. This last week has been good. We had a zone meeting on Wednesday that talked solely on Member Missionary work and the things that we as missionaries can do to help members get more excited and for them to do missionary work so that we can focus on Harvesting and helping people to be baptized and confirmed. Qtip my new comp and I have been doing our best to inspire members and we are going to be working extra hard to find people to be baptized in the next month and a half.


One thing that has really stood out to me is the blessing of silence. Elder Quinton and I watched a video about being patient and allowing people the opportunity to let the spirit teach them,. I thought for the last 2 months that I needed to teach people and testify so strongly so that they would be convinced by the spirit. Then I realized, "Where do each of our inspired thoughts come from?" They come from the Holy Ghost and the Holy Ghost allows people to do that same thing. They have the opportunity to feel and learn from the spirit and I don't even have to say a word. People know that this is true. They know it, they just sometimes don't want to accept it, and that is okay, but my job is just to allow the spirit to be there.

We have an investigator named Nicole. She grew up baptist but is looking for a church. We have met with her twice and are meeting with her again on Wednesday at 3. She is also meeting with the JW's and says she gets this good feeling from both of us. I was talking to our district leader about it last week before we taught her and he said, tell her we celebrate Christmas and she'll be baptized next week! He said it as a joke, but then when we taught her the plan of salvation lesson, she asked us if she can celebrate Christmas and we were like YES!!!! She is on date to be baptized on December 6th! She drinks coffee but she is really interested and so awesome to talk to and to teach. She is the first person that I have taught where I feel like I am teaching her and not a lesson because she wants to know if this is true. My friends and family. If we want to know if something is true all we have to do is ask. If we seek wisdom, ask of God because he will give it to each and every one of us as he has given the answer to me to know that this is the only true Church of Jesus Christ here in the latter days. I love this gospel and the church is true.


Everyone have a great week and starve yourself so Thanksgiving can be full of fatty foods and football! Love you all so much!!

Elder Trev Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment