Monday, August 14, 2017

I love knocking doors - I love missionary work

Hey everyone!

This week was a really good one. Lots of crazy events and fun things going on. It started off good with a few things goin' on but not all that much. Then things got way fun. On Friday our ENTIRE MISSION knocked a 9-9 is what we call it. It's where you start knocking doors at 9 am and you don't stop until 9 pm. So our zone did a little bit of a switch up and we all went to different areas. We knocked in the morning on a bunch of houses in the Brookdale ward and didn't really find many people. Then about 4:00 in the afternoon we got to an apartment complex that you aren't really supposed to be able to get into but the back gate was unlocked so we were able to slip in. From 4:00 in the afternoon until 9:00 at night we knocked one apartment complex. It was SOO MUCH FUN! I love knocking doors. If there is something that I've probably learned the most from on my mission it's knocking. I've learned how to talk to complete strangers. Those who don't want to talk to you and then be able to help them have a desire to talk to me and to share with me their struggles. I love missionary work. It's a lot of fun!

After the 9-9 we had some miracles happen. All week long Elder Allen and I were praying to find two people to baptize and then we get a text from one of our investigators, she said, "I was thinking about it and I want to be baptized this weekend if possible." She didn't end up getting baptized this weekend because she felt sick but miracles do happen. Then last night we had the baptism for the Sisters where Elder Allen was in white. Then after we drove WAY fast over to the other church for the fireside and walked in a few minutes late. After getting there late we walked in and as we were walking on the stage we had to go past the sacrament table and I....snagged my suit on the microphone and it ripped. So go me with a ripped suit. The fireside was great and we had a really good time and then we headed home. That just about sums up the week. It was a lot of fun and we just are doing everything we can to find people to baptize. We should have a couple next weekend and things are looking good. I love you all! See ya in a few weeks...<<<yep I dropped it.

Love you!!!
Elder Reynolds (:

Congratulations WA-TAC on our mission wide 9 to 9 knocking 

No comments:

Post a Comment